Marketing Your Business
Legitimate email advertising has got a bad name due to illicit use in recent years. There is however no reason not to use this form of adverting, but it's often not as cheap and effective as other forms of Internet marketing. The term "email marketing" generally refers to 2 strategic practices:
- Sending e-mails to improve customer relationships. Either to maintain current customers, or re-invite old customers back for repeat business
- Placing advertisements in e-mails which other organisations send to their customers who have signed up for a newsletter
People unfamiliar with email advertising often wonder what all the fuss is about. Didn't spam kill email as a advertising vehicle? And if spam didn't kill it, what about blogs, Twitter and all the other clever ways we can communicate online? Isn't email outmoded? The answer is no, legitimate Businesses engage in email marketing because it works. And works well. Here are a few of the numbers...
- The DMA puts email marketing's ROI for 2011 at $40.56 for every $1 invested. The figure for 2012 is predicted to "fall" to $39.40, when email will account for $67.8 billion in sales (reference).
- A 2011 MerchantCircle survey of over 8,000 local business owners in the US found email marketing cited by 35.8% as a Top 3 most effective marketing or advertising method. Only social network profiles and search engine marketing scored higher
- A 2011 business survey by Ireland's Marketing Institute saw 84% claiming email marketing was important or very important to their marketing strategy (reference).
- In a 2011 Focus survey of marketers, the channel cited most often as the best performer over the previous 12 months was email
Good Morning from David Ogden - Veretekk Trainer
You will want to connect with me @ David Ogden Training Videos. Here, I offer great information concerning all aspects of marketing your business.